Pretty much every time I go to type a blog, I get overwhelmed by all. the. things. and just exit out.
2020 has turned out to be, well, CRAZY. With the passing of the city-wide mask ordinance on Monday, our stock of $8 cotton face masks has FLOWN out the door (but no worries, we are restocking them every day). You can order yours here. With that, it's important to make a few notes about changes....
1. Yes, you will be required to wear a face mask while shopping with us in The Southern Rose & Rosebuds. We didn't enforce the ordinance & really don't want to be the mask police. We can be fined if we allow customers to be without a mask, so please - wear a mask :)
2. We've installed a hand sanitizer pump directly inside the front door at The Southern Rose. Please use it on your way in (or out). We're cleaning all surfaces between guests and are adamant about keeping our stores, employees, and customers safe.
3. If you feel ill in any way, have been exposed, or think you might have been exposed, please skip a visit for a couple weeks. Or, order online & we'll ship it to you or run it to you at the curb! It's going to take everyone making these conscious efforts to slow the spread!
4. Support local & encourage your friends to do the same! I kept myself up until well into the wee hours of the morning Monday night reading discouraging comments about taking business elsewhere following the announcement of the mask ordinance. I think all Columbia business owners would gladly take the mandatory masks over closing again and hope everyone can see the good in this situation! For reference, here's a few good things about the face masks (outside of the fact that they can literally SAVE LIVES)
- Less makeup required!
- Easier to be anti-social in the grocery store!
- Another chance to accessorize!
5. We are still offering private appointments but masks will still be required (unless there's an existing medical condition). Feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule yours!
We sincerely hope to see you, er, your eyes, in the stores soon! ;)